Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's official...

Well, we did it. We're officially knocked up. Whoo hooo!

It's all still very, very surreal. I can't really comprehend that I have a baby inside of me. Someone who eventually (God willing) will grow into a life-size person inside of my womb. A real baby in my belly. Wow.

I always think it's funny when people ask me, "were you trying?" Well... the answer is - technically - I guess so. I mean, we weren't preventing. I went off my birth control in July (as my bankrupt attempt at a gift for my dear husband) and was pregnant by September. I honestly thought it would take... I dunno... 6 months? A year-ish? Apparently that just wasn't God's plan. Ok. Who am I to disagree with the Man? :)


And so, here we are. As of today I am 13 weeks, 5 days. And, by that calculation I will have a sweet little babe of my own in 184 days. Reality check!

Kevin and I are absolutely ecstatic. One of the first things Kevin said to me when I told him I was pregnant was, "I know people get pregnant all the time, but I can't help but feel like we won the lottery or something." How stinkin' sweet is he? I am so blessed to have a husband as wonderful as Kevin. He will be an amazing father someday. I can't wait to see it.

As for me... I have good days and bad. I'm optimistic that now that I am through my first trimester I will not be as sick as I have been. I know it could be much, much worse... but I do not like waking up, only to throw up and then carry on as if it never happened. For the last 25 years - if I puke in the morning (or at anytime in the day for that matter) I am sick and therefore headed back to bed for the day. Well, friends, this is no longer the case when you are knocked up. You must pretend as though it never happened and carry on. Blah.

There... vent over. It's all worth it.

Can you believe it? We're going to be someone's parents!





No comments: